Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rags to Riches


My dear friend came around today with a bootful of old sheets, table cloths, bedspreads and curtains that she cleaned out of her fathers linen press. She let me take my pick before taking the rest to Vinnies. Hubby shook his head in frustration as I already have quite a collection however I'm going to use these purely for sewing (except for the really funky pear print kitchen curtains, they're going up!). Everything's a bit shabby at the moment and I've already got alot of it soaking in the tub. There are some wonderfully bright colours and patterns that are just waiting to burst out from the surface. I think they'll be great for my new plushie tweets that I started sewing today. Very exciting!

In other news from the Burlington base I'm coming down with a cold and it ain't pretty. I'm running low on resources (tissues, vitamin C and chocolate) and I've got no gusto. I'm currently on to my 3rd cup of ginger tea and trying to muster up enough energy to prepare the topping for our pizzas (the girls are cooking tonight). Heres hoping I feel better tomorrow.

Have a great week everyone!

Alisa xxx

5 comments:

Anna White said...

Think you and me both are lacking some gusto...
I love when you can transform something new from something old..Im sure you will put those fabrics to good use...and I cant wait to see what you make. Hope you feel better soon x

Tina said...

Oh no, I hope you are feeling better soon! I love your new 'fabrics' and can't wait to see your new plush tweets!! What wonderful girls to cook dinner, the pizza sounds YUM! Take care - xx

Kellie Collis said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!! x

Karena said...

Alissa, found you through Anna! I was down for the count this weekend, and had actually taken a vacation day to have some fun w friends!! Oh well! Love yur site!

Anna White said...

Hi Alisa,
Hope you dont mind..I gave your blog a little mention on my post today as it is just so inspirational and lovely...thought I would share the love Anna x