Wednesday, May 12, 2010

An exciting venture!

Hello everyone! I've been pretty slack lately I know but I have been super busy with an exciting new venture. We've started action on getting myself a little shop and studio! My old studio is in the process of being pulled down. It was the original old laundry room of the house fully equipped with a copper pot and oven. Unfortunately the framework was all rotten and the building itself was on a dangerous lean. The possums have also made a mess of the roof so we had to pull it down. We are going to re-assemble it in another part of the yard as a cubby house. Something H is very excited about and I must say I'm very proud of how careful he is being so as to not disturb the original charm.


So where will my new studio be you ask? Well, we are going to convert the old garage into a magnificent space just for me (yay!). The side part will become my studio space while the main part of the structure will become my new shop!



The garage



soon to be studio



soon to be shop




It's a lovely part of the yard, at the bottom of the old driveway. There is ALOT of work to do. I have been collecting old lead light windows and doors, cabinets, wallpaper, pressed metal, paint.......the list is never ending! We'll have to dig up the driveway and clean up the garden surrounding it too. The old shed is right next to our orchard so it will be lovely once it's all finished. I can't wait!!

So, this is what I have been up to which hopefully explains why I've been off the radar. I have mentioned before that I'm no longer participating in the big markets or shows. My heart is at home and I'm extremely blessed that I have this option. I may not get as much exposure from it but at least I'll be happy (I get too stressed out getting ready for the markets!)

I have some more to tell you but I'll leave it there for now.

Have a lovely day!

Alisa x

P.S. Yes, that is a "dinky di dunny" complete with the trademark red backs, we have to fix that up too! x

5 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Oh wow how exciting alright! I hope you have time to show us photos as the work progresses.

Tina said...

Alisa, that is sooooo exciting! I can feel your excitement oozing out of this lovely post:) Enjoy all the planning and the actual work getting it turned into your dream studio and shop, it looks like a wonderful space and I can't wait to see the progress as you do it:) Enjoy ~ Tina x

Sarah B said...

Hi, this is going to be great! Heaps of space in a beautiful setting. I posted last week I think about renovating my studio space. I can't wait to get it done and move on in (and get creative!!!).
I look forward to seeing how yours comes up :)

lisa :: the red thread said...

Oh my gosh!! Wow, that is such exciting news. I have to say that I'm green with envy. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Amanda said...

How exciting for you!! I can't wait to see the development of your new studio - the lead light, pressed tin and other bits you've collected sound great. Glad you are putting the old space to use as a cubby too - will be perfect x