Monday, August 16, 2010

My Boo-ey

Haidee Lucinda, our littlest one is 3 today. I can't believe how fast it has gone! I have learnt so much from her over these past 3 years. She had a dicey start when she was born. I won't go into details but it was a very scary time. However we try not to dwell on that side of things (which was hard in the beginning but we got there) and instead focus on our little boo-ey and all the excitement she brings into our family every day.

An average day for Haidee includes pouring tea leaves into the coffee grinder with butter to make a cake, washing her hair with orange juice (thankyou Mr Clickety Cane), shampooing Obi with soggy weetbix and "helping" mummy make things by cutting up my newly sewn projects. She's also a talented hairdresser, cutting Amelias hair while she slept before hacking away at her own fringe.


I can hear you ask "What was Alisa doing when all this was going on?" and the simple answer is I was on the loo. The only time when I am incapacitated. And I swear that all children are aware of this fact!


Now there are some in my family who refer to Haidee as being naughty. I can see how they come to that conclusion however I totally disagree. Haidee is very curious and extremely strong willed (what 3 year old isn't?) And I have found that alot of the things I find challenging are the very same things that i love and admire about her. Does that make sense??

I love her sense of determination, I love her innocent curiousity and her courage to investigate things that she doesn't understand. Most of all I love her Hutzpah, for without it I firmly believe she would never have survived the first few days.


So Happy 3rd Birthday my beautiful Haidee Boo..... We love you so much!

Alisa x

3 comments:

Sarah B said...

Happy Birthday to your little cutie pie!

Tina said...

Happy birthday to your sweet little Haidee. Hope you enjoy the day too Alisa ~ xx

Anna White said...

Naaawww what a little cutie patootie...happy birthday little Haidee...In hope you discover lots of pressies this birthday :) x