Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My dressing table (well, kind of)

When it comes to reading other peoples posts, my favourites are always the ones that allow me to take a peek inside their homes (which is why I love this blog so much). I love seeing how people decorate their spaces differently and I truly believe that it is a reflection of who we are. However I get really excited about dressing tables, you see, I've never had one. I've always had to display my goodies on top of a chest of drawers or inside a cupboard. How I long for one.

Anyways, this morning I tidied up my goodies (part of my spring cleaning craziness). I thought I'd share my way of displaying them.....


I found this old torn canvas in the shed when we moved. It was covered in black dust. My instincts told me to give it a clean and to my delight it revealed a lovely oil landscape painting of cherry blossom trees. I have no idea who painted it but I adore it. As it was torn already I decided to use it to display my hook earrings. I poked tiny holes along the branches of the tree so that my earrings would become part of the picture. It's a wonderful way to display your jewellery and incredibly practical.


Now I must tell you that this is but a smidge of my personal earring collection. I probably have too many but is that ever really the case?

And I just couldn't resist a close up of my favourite lady vase. She takes pride of place up here. I just love these and started my collection when I was 18. They're magical :)

Alisa x


1 comment:

Anna White said...

Naaaw....you are just the cutest...I bet your little angels love hanging out in mummy's room because of all the wonderful and colourful inspiration it holds. Love it...so very you!! x