Thursday, September 2, 2010

What a find!

I just had to share my recent find, "Uncle Bumble" written in 1971. This gem was tucked away in a box at the Rylstone Anglicare shop and was sold to me for just 20 cents. The illustrations and story are by Jenny Williams and they're AMAZING! I wish I could tell you more about her but I've been unable to find any info on her. Does anyone know of her work? I would love to see some more :)





Isn't it glorious?! I just love all the colours... so inspiring!

Alisa x

4 comments:

Sarah B said...

What a gorgeous book. Thos illustrations will provide a lot of inspiration for your art I bet.
ps it's as old as I am!!

Anna White said...

Ah yes..have seen alot of her illustrations on Flickr...gorgeous...that particular book was written back in 1971 I think...here is a link to a list of her other books..that she either wrote..or did the illustrations for..hope this helps x

http://www.bookfinder.com/author/jenny-williams/

CurlyPops said...

OMG look at those beautiful illustrations. I would love to be able to draw just like that.

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Hello there Alisa....!

What a LOVELY find for you & a BARGAIN to boot....The clours are just amazing....!

Take care & have a GREAT weekend....!

Cheers,
Tamarah :o)