Sunday, December 12, 2010

An inexpensive gift idea for little friends

Today we are off to Amelias pre- school Christmas party and have been busy preparing gifts for her little circle of friends. We decided to give them each one of Amelias favourite games, elastics. I love how it has all come together, and it was so inexpensive!
 Firstly I made a little board to wind the elastic onto out of Christmas themed scrap-booking paper and a page from one of my vintage books. I then tied some red ribbon around the elastic to finish it off.  It looks so sweet!



Next Amelia and I worked on some instructions.....



I love her little drawing of using chairs to hold up the elastic! Too cute!

We've teamed each gift up with a couple of lolly pop soaps from BIG W and we're done! All up each gift cost less than $5.00 and I just know her friends will adore playing this game. I know I do and I'm 30!

Needless to say I'm very pleased :)

Alisa x

P.S. A reminder about my giveaway (see below). I haven't had any entries yet :)




4 comments:

Tina said...

Alisa, this gift idea is the loveliest I think I have ever seen!! Such a wonderful idea and so beautifully presented!! I have not played elastics since I was a little girl, for some reason it has never been 'in' when my girls where the correct age...hmmm, you have inspired me to make a couple and pop them in their Xmas stockings. I think we will be having a lot of outside fun over the break! Thanks to you and your sweet Amelia for the idea. Am off to enter your giveaway :D huge hugs for a wonderful week ~ Txx

Jane said...

Oh, Alisa, what a fabulous post - the memories are now flooding back for me! I'd completely forgotten about playing that at school. The pixies will love it ☺. J x

Carrie Ann Eddleman said...

First off, I have to say a HUGE thank you for the sweetest comment you left me on my Christmas tree post, it really made my day when I read it. You are so sweet. Secondly I love the little gift you put together for your daughters friends, what a great idea. Hugs-Carrie

Jenny P said...

This post is just fabulous. I loved playing elastics for years and years. I think I'll just have to copy your idea and give some special elastic to my God daughter. Thanks for the reminder! Such happy memories.