Saturday, March 5, 2011

"The Sirens Song" and a lazy day

I've finished...Not overly pleased with it however it was great to experiment more with layering of colour washes. It was also lovely to paint on the vintage music sheets that I have had for so long.  Here it is.....
"The Sirens Song" 2011

On a separate note, I'd like to thankyou for all your lovely comments regarding my wins at the show. It was such a wonderful day and the town was all abuzz. My ribbons have given the girls endless joy which makes it all worthwhile.
The weather is looking a tad gloomy this morning which is encouraging me to have a lazy day with my girls, I'm thinking Shirley Temple movies, reading and maybe a bit of sewing. There's also a gallery opening night this evening that I'm considering walking down to later. We'll see :)
Another factor contributing to my laziness is the delish smell emanating from our kitchen. Hubby is making pancakes, something he loves to do on the rare occasion that he is home on weekend mornings. We love pancake breakfasts, they're sticky, messy and glorious!

What are your plans for the weekend? 

Alisa x

5 comments:

Sarah B said...

What a charming painting Alisa. I love a good dose of pure, clean colour. So sweet!
It sounds liek you have the perfect day planned. I have to work this weekend and Lyn is away for work. Tonight I have a pizza and some videos planned so that will be nice :)
Enjoy your pancakes! x

Jo Murray said...

Colour and whimsy, two of my favourite things! I'd kill for some of those pancakes. Maybe R will make some this morning.

SUNDAY COLLECTOR said...

Great painting Alisa! Thanks for commenting on my guest blog today, what a lovely life you and your two little girls have - you have settled in a fabulous little town. Briar x

Sonia M said...

What a beautiful job you have done. It is gorgeous!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Lady! That is beautiful, you are so talented on so many levels. I LOVE this. Magical.