Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A snippet of August

I'm wondering where the time has gone? This month has been very busy with lots of birthdays and other activities. Here is a snippet of what's been happening.....

Book Week/Open Day at Amelia's School. The theme was "The Galaxy" and my  munchkin wanted to be a moon and stars. I loved looking at all of her hard work.

Haidee wanted to be a Sun, complete with rainbow stockings :)

Don't be fooled. This cat is ca-razy!!! I love him, i really do....I just don't like being attacked by him when he's in one of his "moods". Seriously folks, I've never seen anything like it.  He is a ninja cat. He even beats up the dog! 

Haidee's 4th birthday. August is our busy month when it comes to birthdays.  I have created alot of cakes over the past few weeks.
 I've also been buckling down and doing some serious work. With the shop opening up soon, I have to build up my stock. It's been lots of fun but jeepers my hands are sore! Here are  a few of the pieces I've been working on.... 
 This piece is all hand wired using vintage bit's and bobs. 

I love this one. It's quite a large piece that consists of coral, cinnabar, carved wood  and vintage beads, chains and buttons. 

Some simple but intricate earrings for Spring.

And as always, my darling "tweets"
This afternoon I have to get stuck into a book carving. I'd much rather snuggle up on the lounge and watch a movie but that won't be happening anytime soon. 

Better be off now. I have a truck load of laundry to fold and put away and even more to hang out. 

Ah the joys in life :)

Have a lovely afternoon,

Alisa x



6 comments:

Amanda said...

I used to love Bookweek as a teacher and seeing all the costumes the kids would arrive in. Both your girls look so cute in theirs, I especially love the sun headpiece.

Mon Alisa Design said...

Yes it was lovely, God bless pipe cleaners!!

Sarah B said...

Aren't your girls beautiful. My little niece turns 4 in December - it's such a cute age.
What pretty creations, all of them but I think the tweets are my favourite.
X

All For Love said...

Oh you have had a productive August, full of all things beautiful and lovely by the looks of it too! Your girls are gorgeous, love the pics :o)
We also have a bundle of birthday's in August, it's a busy month... and I love it, as the promise of Spring is *just* around the corner.
Your tweets are sensational, you're very talented xo

Paula said...

Hi Alisa, Wow! Amelia and Haidee (Happy birthday to you!) are so beautiful and sounds like you've sure been busy with costumes and parties etc. Love the tweets and the coral necklace too. Crafty lady x

popple said...

HI guys glad to see the shop is going well. Are you back on face book yet I miss having an arty friend still having found another yet. Have a good fathers day :)