Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Church St Gallery ::: James Kearns

Last week I visited Mudgee town for one reason only. To check out Church St Gallery which has been opened by the very talented James Kearns (or Kearnsy). I remember first reading about him over at Mandy's blog 16 house. I had no idea at the time that he was living out my way.  He was featured in the local paper recently promoting his new gallery and I just had to rush in and have a look......I was blown away. Below are some photographs of some of his work, however my camera doesn't do them justice. They are all so rich in texture, beautifully haunting in the layering of paint, lace, papers, silhouette and colour. 

This man can truly rock a painting.





Lovely aren't they? It's exciting to have a contemporary art space so close. Haidee and I had a great time meeting James and chatting away. A top bloke. 

You can see more of Kearnsy's paintings on his website here. He also has a blog

Church St Gallery is situated at 98 Church Street Mudgee NSW. It's a great space :) 

Definitely worth a look see.

Alisa x



1 comment:

All For Love said...

Oh they are gorgeous Alisa! Loving the birdie one. Such dreamy, romantic looking images. And what a nice way to spend a little trip away. Mudgee is a beautiful part of the world :o) xo